Tuesday, October 30, 2012

On Linux and CrunchBang


I have always been a frustrated Linux newbie - and I do believe I will still remain a Linux newbie in the years to come. Is it lack of interest in the operating system? Or is it because Microsoft's user-friendliness spoiled me so much? I reckon it to be the latter. However, there are days like this where I hunger for complex stuff, so here I am back to using Linux.


installed CrunchBang Linux. It is a light-weight and sleek Linux distro. It is highly customizable, mainly because it comes with Conky (customizable system monitor), Openbox (light-weight extensible window manager), and Tint2 (light-weight taskbar). As a Linux newbie, CrunchBang is somewhat a perfect environment for me to play around with customization and stuff. I learn as I play.

I have used CrunchBang linux before. Unfortunately, due to my work, I am forced to revert back to Windows since I fear of the bugs that may affect my work when using critically important programs through Wine. Indeed, my paranoia kills me. Also, I am an avid PC gamer, it is such a shame that most of the games I try to play out of a Linux box through Wine always end up in failing. Oh, my demise.


I enjoy the Linux learning curve. It is challenging, very challenging, for people like me had been spoiled by the advantages of Windows. I will stick around with CrunchBang for a while, try to refresh my memory with all the Linux stuff I learned in the past and learn more about the power and frightening yet enjoyable world of Linux.

No comments:

Post a Comment