Sunday, October 28, 2012

Back Into the Subculture


I have always been a die-hard fan of the Japanese visual pop-culture. I would kill a man for me to be able to get my hands on some goods that would satiate my hunger for this batshit crazy of a subculture. Unforunately, a few months ago, I had a burnout. Maybe, back then, I realized that it's getting old for me. Something inside me was telling me to just move on, forget about this, and get a life. I followed the feeling I had, got a job, got a girlfriend - you know, all the normal stuff.

But lately, I had been craving for something. I had been craving for something I know I've tasted before. A few days ago, a friend of mine sent me a link. Just a link.

I clicked on the link.

I was redirected to an anime streaming site and there was the video that reignited the flames of my fandom - Sword Art Online.

I was intrigued by the title so I decided to let it buffer to watch. To my surprise, I enjoyed it. Searched for the next episode and watched. After the second episode, I was hooked. Closed my browser, logged onto IRC, and started leeching episodes madly.

Now I'm back sitting down on my favorite chair and once again living the life of a 'once was and once again' otaku. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment